POSITION TITLE: LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse)
The LPN is responsible to the Department Director, and its clients for rendering nursing care in assigned area in terms of individualized client needs, according to dependent and independent nursing functions and conformance with recognized nursing techniques, procedures, and established standards based on the scope of practical nursing, under the direction/delegation of the Registered Nurse.
• Utilize nursing knowledge and skills in the safe implementation of basic preventative therapeutic and rehabilitative nursing care of assigned patient/family as evidenced by documentation and observation of positive patient care outcomes.
• Perform delegated independent nursing functions using established procedures, policies, guidelines, and standards as observed by the registered nurse.
Assist in data collection on the Admission Data Record.
Contribute to the development of the patient/significant other plan of care based on the identified patient problems/needs.
Carry out physician orders accurately, directly and indirectly.
Assist in the evaluation of the effectiveness of the nursing care administered relative to the patient/ significant other identified problem/needs.
Document pertinent observation and intervention on appropriate record.
Perform selected tasks related to patient care and the patient's environment in a safe manner.
Maintain and coordinate communication among patient/significant other, staff, and physician as evidenced within medical record, client, and health care team feedback.
Demonstrate sound judgment by taking appropriate actions regarding questionable findings or concerns.
• Investigate and follow through on unusual orders or requests for service or information.
• Follow proper reporting procedures for actual or potential accidents and/or incidents so follow-up and/or prevention can occur.
• Record/report the need for service maintenance or repair of equipment and remove any faulty equipment from service.
Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing.
Valid License/registration as an LPN in the State of New York
Current AHA Healthcare Provider training